From performing plan audits in accordance with Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), to advising on regulatory and reporting requirements, to providing consulting services across the entire ERISA spectrum, R&A CPAs understands the fiduciary responsibilities and risks that plan sponsors face.
Our team of employee benefit plan auditor specialists stays current in this highly technical practice area by attending various continuing education programs including the annual AICPA National Conference on Employee Benefit Plans. They also review publications from the Profit Sharing/401k Council of America, United States Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration, and the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. Our Employee Benefit Plan audit services include:
- Audits of pension, health and welfare, and 401(k) plans subject to ERISA
- Consulting services related to employee benefit plans
- Preparing IRS Form 5500 and summary annual reports
Our Quality Commitment
As a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, we adhere to the highest quality standards by always staying in accordance with the center membership requirements. This includes designating a partner responsible for our employee benefit plan audit practice, establishing quality control programs, performing annual internal inspection procedures, and making our peer review report findings publicly available.
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP and ERISA requirements
- Truly independent review and insights
- Significant understanding of how to mitigate risks and adhere to regulatory requirements
- A methodical approach that results in timely filing of Form 5500s without fire drills
- Staff continuity from year to year to enhance efficiencies
The R&A Advantage
We have a dedicated team of auditors with the specialized knowledge and experience to efficiently and effectively audit a firm’s employee benefit plan, providing trustees, plan administrators, and human resources personnel confidence in their reporting and management.