Following are some key tax-related deadlines for the third quarter 2019. Please contact us with questions or to learn more.
July 31, 2019 – All employers
- If you maintain a calendar-year employee benefit plan, it is time to file your Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ for calendar year 2018.
- If you are not sure whether you are required to file, please contact us (or your third-party administrator, if you have one.)
- If your benefit plan is on a fiscal year, remember that the filing deadline is the last day of the seventh month after the plan year-end.
- If your return is not going to be filed on time, you must file for an extension by the deadline date.
September 16, 2019
- If you don’t pay your personal income tax through withholding (or won’t withhold enough), make the third quarter installment payment of your 2019 estimated tax on Form 1040-ES. You can pay by various electronic means.
- S corporations and partnerships. If you filed for a six-month extension of your 2018 income tax return, it is time to file the return and pay any taxes due. S-corps use Form 1120S and partnerships use Form 1065.
- Calendar-year corporations must deposit the third installment of estimated income tax for 2019.
About this Author
Employers, clients and colleagues know me as a strategic and creative marketing and communications leader with an entrepreneurial spirit. I identify and execute strategies that grow brands, build effective relationships and enthusiastic teams, and deliver results in fast-paced, highly competitive industries. I bring fresh eyes to each organizations' needs and challenges and a breadth of experience honed in international and domestic corporate, non-profit, turnaround and start-up ventures for top companies in airline/travel, technology, the performing arts and spa/wellness.